May 08, 2009

Solitary Perception


Ask yourself.

Is the moon as full?
...when no one’s watching it with you.

Is coffee as fulfilling?
...when no one is sitting across you.

Are songs as melodious?
...when you can’t picture a face.

Is a fireplace as warming?
...when no one shares it with you.

Is a flower as sweet smelling,
...when bought by yourself.

Are words as meaningful?
...when written by a stranger.

Is a movie worth watching?
...when you walk out alone.

Is the day as bright?
...when you’re all grey.

Are you really as happy?
...when you’re not with me.

13 comments:

  1. I love this San.. But sometimes, I really wish those questions could be answered! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable and honest poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. widout ma comment i think this poem is still complete for u..... but widout me complimenting u.. i feel it not complete for me.. :)

    simple things that need just simpler things to make it all give a feel, a feeling to completeness.... grt writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pri: Exactly what I was going for. :)
    Ywake: Thank you so much for reading. I'm flattered :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep chking if you posted any more.... gotta be commenting on each articles you have, tht I like... thanks for riting so beautifully...

    ReplyDelete